At our top Worcester dermatology practice, our doctors deliver rash treatments in a comfortable, convenient setting.
Book an Appointment
“Rash” is a general term for a wide variety of skin conditions. A rash refers to a change that affects the skin and usually appears as a red patch or small bumps or blisters on the skin. The majority of rashes are harmless and can be treated effectively with over-the-counter anti-itch creams, antihistamines and moisturizing lotions as rash treatment.
Rashes can be a symptom for other skin problems. The most prevalent of these are:
- Atopic Dermatitis the most common form of eczema.
- Bacterial Infections such as impetigo.
- Contact Dermatitis a type of eczema caused by coming into contact with an allergen.
- Chronic skin problems such as acne, psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis.
Fungal Infections such as ringworm and yeast infection.
- Viral Infections such as shingles.
A rash may be a sign of a more serious illness, such as Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, liver disease, kidney disease or some types of cancers. If you experience a rash that does not go away on its own after a few weeks, make an appointment to see one of our dermatologists to have it properly diagnosed for the appropriate rash treatment.